Mediterranean Volume Recipes
Watermelon Radish Saladwith Feta Cheese
Ingredients for 2 serving
- 1 pc daikon Radish (about 4 oz.)
- 9 ozs mixed Lettuce
- 1 pc Watermelon (about 12 oz.)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper
- 1 pc fresh ginger
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 5 ozs Feta
1 Citrus juicer, 2 Bowls, 1 Small bowl, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Small knife, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Peeler, 1 Mandoline, 1 Fine grater, 1 Whisk, 1 Salad spinner
- Rinse radish, peel and slice into thin slices. Place radish slices in a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Rinse salad greens and spin dry.
- Peel the watermelon and cut into approximately 1/2-inch cubes. Remove seeds.
- Rinse pepper and cut into quarters. Remove the seeds and cut into thin slices or cubes.
- For the vinaigrette, peel ginger and finely grate. Juice lime. Combine ginger, 2 tablespoons lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in both oils.
- Rinse and drain radish slices. Mix with the other ingredients and the vinaigrette in a bowl. Rinse cilantro, shake dry and pluck leaves. Dollop cheese on the salad. Garnish with cilantro and serve.