Orzo Shrimp Pasta Salad
Ingredients for 3 servings
- Spray olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (uncooked) orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land Seasoning (or dried oregano)
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the orzo and boil/simmer for about 8 minutes or until the orzo is al dente. Drain the liquid, add to a large mixing bowl, then drizzle in olive oil, fluff and set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, spray with oil then toss in the shrimp. Add a pinch of sea salt & pepper as the shrimp cooks. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through. Set the shrimp aside to cool.
- Prep the vegetables.
- To the large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Toss together and season to taste with sea salt, pepper and fresh lemon.
- Divide the meals evenly into your meal containers and enjoy!